Dental implants are frames or metal posts such as titanium posts which are implanted into the jawbone beneath the gums. In these appliances, replacement teeth are mounted. As these implants are fused to the jawbone, they give fix support to artificial teeth. For implantation, your gums should be healthy and also should have adequate bones to support dental implants.
There are mainly two types of implants:-
- In this case, dentists do the surgical implantation of endosteal into the jawbone. After the healing of surrounding gums, you need a second surgery to connect the metal post to the original implant and later, the artificial tooth is attached to the post.
Subperiosteal dental implants:
- These implants consist of metal frames, fitted onto the jawbone just below the gum. When the gum heals, the frame gets fixed to the jawbone. Later, posts which are attached come through the gums. Finally, artificial teeth are mounted to the metal post.
Implant dentist Modesto, California can help you if your jawbone is unable to support implants by using several techniques that can restore your natural jawline. These methods are described below:
- This technique involves the restoration or regeneration of bone in your jaw. It is also said that by using bone additives achieves good results.
- It is used, if your jaw is not wide enough and then bone graft material is added to a small space that makes your jaw to support dental implants.
- This technique also known as the sinus elevation or sinus augmentation which involves adding of bones below the sinus.
Family Dentist Modesto, CA is here for affordable and safe dental implantation. If you need any assistance or have any serious dental problem then “Emergency dentist Modesto” will take your case and experienced and certified professionals will treat you as soon as possible.
Dr. Pushpinder Sethi is a highly experienced dentist in Modesto, CA at ProSmile Family Dental. With a passion for providing exceptional dental care, Dr. Sethi specializes in a wide range of professional dental services, including Teeth Whitening, Tooth Colored Fillings, Denture Repair Service, and more. Call us: 209-422-6176 today to book your appointment and take the first step towards a healthy, beautiful smile